OK, so Its true…I’m a cheater, and my husband loves it! Now my Granny on the other hand is probably rolling over in her grave, God rest her soul. You see, at a very early age my Granny taught me how to make home made, from scratch, chick’n-N-dumplings. We would get a raw whole chicken from the grocery store, clean all the extra feathers and things up, boil it, de-bone it, roll out some dough, cut it up, and carefully place each dumplin in and boil it gently with plenty of southern seasonings.
Fast forward about 20 years, a husband, and three kids later and ain’t nobody got time for that! So instead, I make the sweet and simple 20 minute version.
1. I purchase a traditional rotisserie chicken and de-bone it.
2. In a large pot I pour a large container of chicken broth (I use Swansons)
3. Stir in one quart of heavy cream, two sticks of softened butter, two tablespoons salt, two tablespoons pepper, two TEAspoons onion powder, and 1 & 1/2 cups water.
4. Bring to a boil, add chicken and dry OR frozen store bought dumplins.
5. Boil softly for 20 mins.
6. Sit back and enjoy this month’s issue of Better Homes & Gardens.
Let me me know what you think!
Much love to you all! XOXO