OK, so Its true…I’m a cheater, and my husband loves it! Now my Granny on the other hand is probably rolling over in her grave, God rest her soul. You see, at a very early age my Granny taught me how to make home made, from scratch, chick’n-N-dumplings. We would get a raw whole chicken from the grocery store, clean all the extra feathers and things up, boil it, de-bone it, roll out some dough, cut it up, and carefully place each dumplin in and boil it gently with plenty of southern seasonings.
Fast forward about 20 years, a husband, and three kids later and ain’t nobody got time for that! So instead, I make the sweet and simple 20 minute version.
1. I purchase a traditional rotisserie chicken and de-bone it.
2. In a large pot I pour a large container of chicken broth (I use Swanson Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free, 32 oz
3. Stir in one quart of heavy cream, two sticks of softened butter, two tablespoons salt, two tablespoons pepper, two TEAspoons onion powder, and 1 & 1/2 cups water.
4. Bring to a boil, add chicken and dry OR frozen store bought dumplins.
5. Boil softly for 20 mins.
6. Sit back and enjoy this month’s issue of Better Homes & Gardens
Let me me know what you think!
Much love to you all! XOXO